The Coronavirus is a serious global public health threat with rapidly evolving information. Indiana has confirmed its first deaths from COVID-19. IHIF Member companies, as employers, are developing policies in response to employee concerns and safety needs. In support, IHIF is working with other state groups and our partners at BIO, PhRMA, and AdvaMed to gather valuable tools and information for our Members to use as resources and guidelines. We particularly thank BioNJ for their efforts in organizing and presenting this information.
Deadline Extended – Please CLICK HERE to take our brief business survey to help assess the impact of COVID-19 by March 30. Results will be posted in the Toolbox.
- Click here to download the World Health Organization’s guide to developing a
“Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan for the New Coronavirus.”
- Click here for SBA guidance and available loan resources
- Indiana Corona Virus Page
- Indy Chamber’s Rapid Response Hub
- Quick links for guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and The U.S. Department of Labor.
- Visit https://www.internationalsos.com/ for travel and related updates and resources.
- Click here for the World Health Organization’s Coronavirus Tracker.
- Click here for a sample company policy memo developed by a BioNJ Member Company and issued to its global staff.
- Please call the Indiana State Department of Health Epidemiology Resource Center at 317-233-7125 [317-233-1325 after hours] or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience symptoms such as fever, cough and shortness of breath and have a recent history of travel to China or contact with someone suspected of having COVID-19.
- Useful article: “As Coronavirus Spreads, Prepare Infectious-Disease Plans”
How the biopharma and device industries are leading the charge in the fight against the Corona virus:
- BIO’s Coronavirus Business Resource Center to help you think through your business response to the situation.
- Click here for BIO’s dedicated site, “Biopharmaceutical Innovators Lead the Charge in Fight Against Coronavirus.”
- BIO: CARES Act Summary: Key Provisions for Small Biotechs
- Emergo: What manufacturers need to know about US FDA Emergency Use Authorizations for medical devices and IVDs
- Click here for an informative infographic to share across your social media platforms.
- Click here for what is in the $8.3 billion aid package
- BIO and PhRMA have teamed up to declare a shared set of principles to guide our industry during this crisis as we work together toward vaccines and cures.
- AdvaMed Principles
- Call to exempt medical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing from potential “Shelter In Place” restrictions. – Read IHIF Statement HERE
- IHIF signs on to coalition letter to keep international supply chains open in fight against COVID-19.
We are proud of how quickly America’s life science industry has stepped forward to develop antiviral therapies, vaccines, devices, and diagnostic tools to address this quickly spreading illness. Through the combined resources of our industry, working together with Congress, we are optimistic that an effective treatment can be identified to address this pandemic.
- Inside Indiana Business: Bremen Co Making PPE for First Responders
- Governor Issues Stay at Home order – Executive Order 20-08
- Fierce Biotech: Lilly slashes clinical trial activities in response to COVID-19
- Inside Indiana Business: Lilly to Begin Drive-Thru Coronavirus Testing
- Roche Doing Now What Patients Need Next
- Genesis Plastics Welding: A Note from the CEO
- Roche Diagnostics FAQ on the cobas® SARS-CoV-2 Test to detect the virus that causes COVID-19
- AbCellera and Lilly to Co-develop Antibody Therapies for the Treatment of COVID-19
- Pharma giant Lilly to help Indiana health officials with COVID-19 testing
Business and Community Resources
- IMDMC: Urgently needed equipment
- IEDC: Hoosier small businesses invited to apply for low-interest loans from U.S. Small Business Administration
- Milken Institute: COVID-19 Treatment and Vaccine Tracker
- U.S. funding with COVID-19 focus: Eva Garland Consulting (compiled list of opportunities)
- BIO Business Solutions: Special Benefits to Help with Business Continuity While Working Remotely – Click Here
- Novartis’ $20M fund for COVID-19-affected communities
- Purdue Research Foundation COVID-19 experts can advise on economic management and recovery during and after crisis
- HRSA: Indiana COVID-91 Preparedness and Response Supplemental Awards
- NCI Notices to SBIR/STTR Applicants relevant to COVID-19
**BIO has launched hub.bio.org. It’s a new platform for companies to post what information and supplies they need and what they can share, from RNA kits to pipette tips to general information and guidance. Read FAQ Here
What Comes Next
Colliers: “The Impact of SARS-CoV-2 on the Life Sciences Real Estate Sector” — addresses five immediate trends we expect to see as we navigate COVID-19. (register to download)
When will we have a vaccine? Geth the latest I AM BIO Podcast, featuring two of the MVPs of the COVID-19 fight: Stéphane Bancel, CEO of Moderna Inc., and former CDC Director Dr. Julie Gerberding, EVP and Chief Patient Officer of Merck. (1 hr)