The Indiana Health Industry Forum and Barnes & Thornburg LLP partner to present a monthly seminar series on critical issues in the life sciences. Each month, at lunch, a policymaker or a panel in the field of life science will be available to answer questions concerning the major challenges and opportunities in the industry. We hope you will join us.
Tuesday, January 28, 2019
11:30 am – noon (networking and lunch)
Noon – 1:00 pm – Discussion
Inside Look at the 2020 Indiana Legislative Session
The Indiana House and Senate Health committees have full plates of issues they’ll be grappling with in the 2020 session of the Indiana General Assembly. From building on feedback from an extensive summer study committee exploring pricing transparency across the pharmaceutical supply chain, to grappling with a variety of public health concerns, this year’s legislative session is poised to be one of the most impactful on Hoosiers’ healthcare for years to come. Please join us as we get an inside look at how the 2020 session is shaping up and how some specific pieces of legislation may make a big impact on Hoosiers’ healthcare and the state’s life science sector going forward.
- Abdul-Hakim Shabazz,Of Counsel, Lewis And Wilkins LLP
- Michael O’Connor, Advisor, State Gov’t Affairs, Eli Lilly and Co.
- Bryan Hannon, Director of Indiana Government Relations, American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network (ACS CAN)
- George Huntley, CFO, COO Maetrics and member, National Diabetes Volunteer Leadership Council
- Pete Seat, Vice President, Bose Public Affairs Group
- Kristin Jones, President and CEO, Indiana Health Industry Forum