IHIF’s Policy Forum will work with the IHIF board and leadership to address state and federal policy issues that affect the life sciences business community and Hoosier patients’ access to therapies. Based on survey feedback from our Roadmap 2020 Strategic Plan, our members would like IHIF to increase awareness of current, industry-related public policy activities and issues and facilitate opportunities for industry engagement with state and federal legislators. The Policy Forum will work on both of those recommendations and build a more robust public policy conversation in support of life sciences in the state.
Resources for Government Affairs
- IHIF Advocacy Page – issues, actions, engagement
- IN 2021 Session/Bill Track
- Indiana General Assembly – notices, links, legislators and more
Connect with Forum Members
Picture your company here!
Kick off of 2021 Indiana General Assembly – get ready! Please take our Issues Survey here.
Indiana Chamber’s Legislative Priorities 2021 (Source: Inside Indiana Business)
Fair Warning: Legislators won’t have to wear masks in Statehouse (Source: IBJ)
Indiana 2020 Election News
- Governor Eric Holcomb retained in office
- 5th District Congressional Seat goes to Victoria Spartz (R)
- IN-1 Congressional Seat goes to Frank Mrvan (D)
- Rep. Cindy Kirchhofer (chair House Health Committee) lost her reelection bid to Democrat Mitch Gore
- Democrat Fady Qaddoura to replace Republican incumbent John Ruckelshaus in IN Senate District 30
- Former Marion County Republican Party Chairman Kyle Walker was elected by caucus to replace retiring state Sen. Jim Merritt.