The Business Development Forum will explore recommendations around fostering economic development across the life science sectors in Indiana. Based on survey feedback from our Roadmap 2020 Strategic Plan, our members would like IHIF to assume a leadership position in the promotion of Indiana’s life science industry and assets and provide on-going educational opportunities and current resource materials to interested partners in economic development.
Resources for Economic Developers
- BIO: The BioScience Economy: Propelling Life-Saving Treatments, Supporting State & Local Communities 2020
- BIO Transforming Ideas into Advances: Best Practices in State and Regional Economic Development Initiatives 2019
- Indiana Life Science Infographic 2020
- MedTech Jobs by State (AdvaMed)
- Hoosiers Work for Health: State stats and vendor map
- Roadmap 2020
- Duke Energy Top Rated Life Sciences Sites (map)
- NEW Fully equipped CBD Extraction Lab Available: Seymour, IN – send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn about coming lab space options at 16 Tech in Indianapolis
Connect with Forum members
- Picture Your Organization Here!
Stay tuned! Next program coming soon!
Now available: Webinar 2 featuring Pete Pellerito from BIO. “Indiana and the BioScience Economy Report”, 11/11/20 – watch video here
Now available: Webinar 1 on “Innovative Discovery Spaces Past, Present & Future – 3 Case Studies”, presented by BSA LifeStructures 10/21/20 – watch video here
River Ridge Showing No Signs of Slowing Down
The pandemic is not slowing interest in the River Ridge Commerce Center, the former Indiana Army Ammunition Plant property that is being transformed into a massive business and distribution hub. Read More (Inside Indiana Business)
The expansion will add 44 acres to the campus, extending it south to 12th Street and west to Interstate 65.
Keep an eye out for cold-chain distribution projects related to COVID vaccine distribution and some grocery opportunities too (source: Site Selection).
Statistic overheard at a Site Selectors Guild event – 67% of future projects (nationally) will be in the life sciences/biotech followed by 51% in manufacturing.
European medical firm enters U.S. via Noblesville – (Source: IBJ) Luxembourg-based B Medical Systems is a European medical refrigeration and transportation company opening a 10,000-square-foot warehouse and sales office in Noblesville.
Colliers: “The Impact of SARS-CoV-2 on the Life Sciences Real Estate Sector” — addresses five immediate trends we expect to see as we navigate COVID-19. (register to download)