DRIVe (Division of Research, Innovation, and Ventures) was established by the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), part of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR), within the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- We change how government approaches big health security challenges and threats
- We tackle health security threats by seeking breakthrough devices and technologies
- We model our work on the best practices of the entrepreneurial world.
- We use tools and authorities to support new technologies, streamline contracting processes, and launch a network of accelerators
- The team is comprised of scientists and venture entrepreneurs dedicated to identifying threats to health security
The Purdue University Discovery to Innovation Accelerator, located in Discovery Park’s Bindley Bioscience Center, is tasked with launching life sciences discoveries down a commercialization path. In close cooperation with comprehensive technical and business partnerships at Purdue University and numerous industry and academic partners across the state of Indiana, their goal is to ensure that the inventors of cutting-edge technologies with biological/medical applications are supported as they advance from proof of concept to product launch.